New Rules In NCAA College Basketball
- All players who get invited to the NBA Combine but go undrafted will have the option to return to their former school.
- Elite prospects will now be allowed to have official relationships with agents. This applies to high schoolers and college athletes alike. USA Basketball, in conjunction with the NCAA, will be tasked with identifying which prospects in a given class are "elite." In regard to high school athletes, however, the rules will not go into effect until the NBA changes its current age-limit rule.
- The NCAA is requiring all school presidents, chancellors and athletics staff members to contractually comply with any and all future investigations. This is the NCAA's way of trying to institute a de facto version of subpoena power, which it lacked previously.
- School presidents and chancellors will now personally be held accountable by the NCAA for their athletic departments abiding by the rules.
- The FBI's case into college basketball brought about mounds of documents of information. Previously, the NCAA did not allow for information and findings from outside investigations at established agencies to be used in its infractions process. Effective immediately, the NCAA and its Committee on Infractions can use information obtained in other probes as a means to an end for its own investigations. This will be implemented immediately by the NCAA with the schools currently caught up in the Department of Justice's case regarding multiple schools -- and alleged violations of multiple federal laws.
- The recruiting calendar, as detailed here, is getting a major overhaul. In a first, college coaches will be allowed to attend the NBA Players Association Top 100 camp each June. Also, the first live period of July will be attendable for non-scholastic events.
Courtesy of www.cbssports.com
May 2018 NEWSLETTER
2018-19 National Tournament Locations
Division I - March 18-23 - Hutchinson, Kan.
Division II - March 19-23 - Danville, Ill.
Division III - March 14-16 - Rochester, MN
2017-18 NJCAA National Champions:
2017-18 NJCAA Rankings - End of Year
Services Provided by the NJCAA Coaches Association:
- Sponsor NJCAA All-Star game, featuring 24 players and 3 coaches. Provide housing, apparel package and meals.
- Provide Hall of Fame rings.
- Provide Coach and Player of the year awards.
- Fill a seat on the Board of Directors for the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC)
- Provide a voice to the NJCAA Board of Directors and national office on issues pertaining to the student-athletes and coaches.
- Provide a coach for USA Basketball trials.
- Assist with All-American selections.
- Host international travel teams.
- Operate website at www.jcbca.com.
- Communication with other organizations to for the benefit of better basketball.